Thursday, March 10, 2016

If at first you don't succeed...

Hey all,

A couple of things.

One, we will have a morning performance practice as well, starting at 10:00, if the afternoon doesn't work for you. It won't be exactly the same, probably because of some pauses and some last corrections, but it is an alternative for folks who may not be able to make the afternoon show. I don't know if other parents will be there, but I thought I'd throw out the offer.

The other is a video clip I showed the kids today. For context, it takes place in Japan and it is at an all-school performance. I talked to the kids about how in other countries, struggling and supporting one another is something that is encouraged and accepted, as shown by the video. While recognizing the cultural differences (such as encouraging the student to keep going, despite the fact he/she was crying), I think the message and lesson is a powerful one.

Drive safe on those sloppy roads!

~B


No comments:

Post a Comment