Sunday, October 16, 2016

Chili Cook-off and Our Great Week

Hello Folks,

We have had a great week in our class. I have all of our reading groups together and we all got to spend some time together this week. The kids are excited to be reading books with their peers and me in small groups instead of individually or on assessments. They all have individual skills they are working on, I hope you talk to your child about what they are reading with me and the skills they are working on. I look forward to chatting with you all about it at conferences.

Speaking of conferences... Here is the link to the conference sign up times:

http://grades.wcsuonline.org/rumney/conference/

I have a couple of mornings per week and then the scheduled conference day (November 11th). I can't do after school meetings as part of regular scheduling but I can make exceptions, if needed.

In first grade math we have done a ton of work on the use of dot cluster cards, how to organize the order of building number sentences with rods (5+0=5, 4+1=5, 3+2=5, 2+3=5, 1+4=5, 0+5=5, for instance. By organizing the way they build the rods it helps them organize these numbers and their relationships in their heads.

In Writer's Workshop the kids are working on their "All About Me" books and their handwriting books. They are enjoying working on both. I also just did a brief show what you know about their handwriting in a reading response about The Minpins, the read-aloud book we just finished.

Wednesday, October 19th is picture re-take day. Talk to the front office with any questions about it.

Be in touch with any questions, concerns or celebrations.

That's about it for now, I hope you all had a great weekend!

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment